Allied Healthcare Federal Credit Union is committed to ensuring digital accessibility for people with disabilities. We continue to make changes to improve the user experience for everyone and apply the relevant accessibility standards.
The Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) defines requirements for designers and developers to improve accessibility for people with disabilities. It defines three levels of conformance: Level A, Level AA, and Level AAA.
Wherever possible, Allied Healthcare Federal Credit Union will aim to adhere to level AA of the WCAG 2.0 guidelines, which states that sites should be:
- Perceivable – Information and user interface components must be presentable to users in ways they can perceive.
- Operable – User interface components and navigation must be operable.
- Understandable – Information and the operation of user interface must be understandable.
- Robust – Content must be robust enough that it can be interpreted reliably by a wide variety of user agents, including assistive technologies.
In order to ensure accessibility we also:
- Include accessibility as part of our mission statement.
- Have internal policies that take accessibility into account.
Technologies relied Upon
As part of our efforts to achieve WCAG 2.0 AA compliance, we use Monsido as an ongoing monitoring service.
We welcome your feedback on the accessibility of the Allied Healthcare Federal Credit Union website. If you have experienced any accessibility barriers while using any part of AHFCU.org, please let us know:
Phone: (562) 933-0370
Get in touch with us at: https://www.ahfcu.org/