The application period for the 2019 Get Smart Scholarship will close on April 1, 2019.
Winners of the 2019 Get Smart Scholarship will be announced in mid-May.
AHFCU has created the Get Smart Scholarship program to help hard-working students finance their higher education. Get Smart Scholarships up to $1,000 can be used to purchase books, pay for tuition, or cover other educational expenses.
To be eligible for the Get Smart Scholarship, the applicant must:
- Be a AHFCU Member with their own Member number
- Be a graduating high school senior, or a freshman or sophomore at an accredited college, with no more than 60 college credits
- Have an unweighted grade point average of 2.5 or above
- Register at an accredited college/university for the fall term of the following school year
Eligible applications will be evaluated, and specific award amounts will be determined based on the following criteria:
- Grade point average
- Difficulty of courses completed
- Letters of recommendation
- Community involvement
- School involvement
- Leadership positions
All applications must be submitted online by April 1, 2019 to receive consideration, and we encourage you to go online prior to the due date to ensure materials have been received. For more information, please call 562-933-0370 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and reference Get Smart Scholarship in the subject line. All supporting documents, including letters of recommendation and official transcripts (high school and above, for all applicants) must be mailed to:
Attn: Scholarship Committee
P.O. Box 93124
Long Beach, CA 90809