Working together for our Members
Allied Healthcare Federal Credit Union has always made serving you our highest priority. We are committed to providing all Members “Financial Healthcare for Life.” We also strive to offer you valuable products and services you deserve. In order to stay competitive in the financial services market, we have searched for a credit union to partner with that will allow us the opportunity to do just that.
On behalf of the Board of Directors and the Leadership Team of Allied Healthcare Federal Credit Union (AHFCU), we are excited to announce our plans to merge with Southland Credit Union (SCU). We are very confident this partnership with Southland Credit Union will provide the Members, employees and communities of both credit unions the best possible value well into the future.
What does this mean to you?
As a member, you will retain many of the great services you currently receive and more, including:
- The same convenient Viking Way, Long Beach Memorial Medical Center, St. Mary Medical Center and St. Francis Medical Center branches with the same friendly staff you currently enjoy.
- Access to additional full-service branches in Santa Monica, Downtown Los Angeles, Downey, Carson, Long Beach, and Los Alamitos
- Continued access to the CO-OP Shared Branching Network with over 5,000 branches in all 50 states, Puerto Rico, Guam and military bases around the globe
- 20 proprietary ATMs throughout LA and Orange Counties. You will also retain access to nearly 30,000 CO-OP Network ATMs, including over 5,500 participating
- A best-in-class Digital Banking service including a mobile app with a 4.9 star app store rating. Access Zelle, credit scores, card services and more.
- Earn a great rate with High Yield Checking and High Yield Savings accounts.
- Teen Checking and Junior Savers accounts.
- Meet with one of our mortgage loan consultants to discuss your home buying options.
- Schedule a free consultation with Southland Investment Services wealth advisors.
- Member Contact Center available Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. and every Saturday, 9:00 a.m. to 1 p.m. and Quickline available 24/7.
- Free and discounted services like auto buying, insurance, trust and estate planning, tax services and more.
- A complete line of financial products and services, including checking accounts, savings accounts, certificates, money market accounts, vehicle loans, student loans, credit cards and home loans.
We will keep you informed of the progress of the merger process and due diligence. Please revisit this page. You can email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have additional questions or concerns.
Frequently Asked Questions about Allied Healthcare Federal Credit Union’s Proposed Merger with Southland Credit Union
We are pleased to provide you with additional information about the proposed merger between Allied Healthcare Federal Credit Union and Southland Credit Union along with some of the increased opportunities and enhanced benefits it will offer our Members.
Yes. Both Boards of Directors, who are elected by the membership, have unanimously approved a merger of the two credit unions. Planning for the merger has been in the works for many months and is the strongest option in navigating the current economic landscape.
We are confident that a combined credit union will bring much greater strength and competitive advantages that will better serve our Members and communities in terms of lower loan rates, higher dividend (savings) rates, and an increased branch distribution network. This partnership will ensure continued stability for both credit unions and better position the combined credit union for future growth. It would take Allied Healthcare Federal Credit Union over a decade to grow to the point where we could provide you with the added-value we would receive from a partnership with Southland Credit Union. Additionally, industry data clearly shows that larger credit unions offer more benefits to their Members.
Headquartered in Los Alamitos, Southland Credit Union (www.southlandcu.org) is a full-service member-owned credit union with more than $1 billion in assets serving over 60,000 Members throughout Southern California. Like Allied Healthcare Federal Credit Union, Southland Credit Union is a trusted, long-time member of our shared community, with an 87-year history of providing excellent, personalized service to its Members. Southland is the best possible choice as a merger partner because of our shared history and culture based upon serving healthcare employees and their ties to the local cities they serve.
Yes. Southland will be retaining all the employees of Allied Healthcare, so the same familiar faces you have come to know will still be there to serve you.
You will benefit in many ways, including:
- Access to full-service branches in Santa Monica, Downtown Los Angeles, Downey, Carson, Long Beach, and Los Alamitos.
- Over 5,000 Nationwide Co-Op Shared Branch locations.
- 20 proprietary ATMs throughout LA and Orange Counties. You will also have access to 28,000 CO-OP Network ATMs, including over 5,500 participating 7-Eleven stores.
- A complete line of financial products and services, including High Yield checking and savings accounts, home loans, credit cards, vehicle financing and much more.
- Industry leading Digital Banking technology along with 24/7 telephone access to your accounts.
Monica Lopez, Allied Healthcare Federal Credit Union’s current CEO will become a Senior Vice President of the continuing credit union. She will report to Southland Credit Union’s current President/CEO, Thomas G. Lent, who will lead the combined credit union.
Yes, at a date to be determined. Allied Healthcare Federal Credit Union will operate as a division of Southland Credit Union. When the integration of the two systems is complete, the name of the combined credit union will be Southland Credit Union.
No. Upon completion of the merger, the combined credit union will continue to serve all the organizations, companies and communities we now serve.
We anticipate no immediate changes in the near future. However, if changes need to be made, we will work to ensure a seamless integration so you can conduct business as you always have.
Yes. Your accounts will remain safe, sound and insured. Your deposits will continue to be federally insured through the National Credit Union Share Insurance Fund (NCUSIF), a U.S. Government Agency, to at least $250,000 for regular deposits and at least $250,000 for IRAs (please visit www.ncua.gov\shareinsurance for more information).
Both credit unions are financially strong, and each has capital that is in excess of what is required by our regulatory agencies.
The Boards of Directors of both credit unions and our regulators have approved the merger proposal, and now we are asking our Members to vote on the merger. If approved, we plan to begin the process of integrating the operations of the two credit unions at a date to be determined. We expect the integration process to take significant time as we integrate the core systems of the two credit unions. During this integration there will be no changes to your account or the services provided by Allied Healthcare Federal Credit Union.
Once the integration process is completed, you will have access to all of Southland Credit Union’s branch locations, as well as over 5,000 nationwide Co-Op Shared Branch locations to transact on your accounts. More information will be provided on the integration process in the months ahead.
We are here to serve you and are happy to answer any questions you may have. You may always call us at 562-933-0370 if you would like more information regarding this exciting development.